A Community Involved Project
by White Gum Air Park
A Community Involved Project by White Gum Air Park
Boeing 737-200 restoration
Boeing 737-200 restoration

Latest News

Updates on the campaign to rescue and relocate two Boeing 737-200 in Perth Western Australia

Two Tales

Friday, December 08, 2017

The tail story ends happily in York. 
TOLL Heavy Haulage parked one of their low loaders at the airport for 4 days. During this time we loaded and secured the support stand to the trailer. Then with only a 'little' trepidation we loaded both tails onto the stands.

On Monday morning TOLL arrived with the prime mover and wasted no time hitching up. The load was double secured, checked and checked again before we pulled out of the airport in the rain.

There were lots of drivers on the road doing a double take as they wondered what was on the back of this wide truck. Safely up Greenmount hill and through Mundaring we stopped and checked the load. So far so good.

Turning off at 'The Lakes' we just had to stop for a coffee. Handed out a few contact cards to the sightseer's and we were on the longest leg.

We stopped in York for a brief load check and obligatory photo before the narrowest part of the journey.

The gravel road would only permit a slow speed so there were plenty of photo and video opportunities. Its not often you see two 737 tails traversing a gravel road in the bush!

The narrow winding track through our neighbours property was a challenge, somewhat narrow for a low loader. For Mick our TOLL driver it was all in a days work. Expertly navigating the twists, turns potholes and wash aways.

As Mick turned into the runway the rain had disappeared. White Gum Farm assisted us with the unloading which went very smoothly. More than I can say for 600 horse-power of bogged prime mover and trailer! Garth the Grader came to the rescue and pulled Mick and Mack free.

Phew, what a day... Thanks heap TOLL.

Donate via Paypal

Sign up for updates

* Required

Subscribe to: Save the Boeing 737-200 mailing list
Comapanies who helped us with this project